Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
$67 Billion end-to-end? That's in the same range as the proposed "Border Wall" 😱 It's estimated that just $8B is required to upgrade our nationwide air traffic control system to better safety standards. Lately, I feel like I'm living in some weird parallel universe! 😨
Getting all the external I/O connections hooked up to your MacBook can be a daunting task! This nice tethered dock by Henge Docks provides a nice all-in-one solution via USB 3.1 for around $199 MSRP. When you consider that a single Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter goes for around $30, the price tag to "Solve Everything" may not be that bad.
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Thursday, December 21, 2017
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
According to the following story in Computer World, Western Digital is releasing some awesome UltraStar SS300 SAS SSD devices in the 400GB - 3.2TB capacity ranges. Impressive e-storage technology!
A little photo juju for folks who like to post pictures: Use your phone or computer's built-in photo-editing features before posting that picture! Fix it up for better results:
- Use the "Auto-enhance" feature for starters.
- Too dark? Use the "Light, Shadows" control to bring the subjects and background out from the shadows. Or use the "Light, Brightness" to increase the overall lighting.
- Dull look? Use the "Light, Contrast" control to increase the separation between lights and darks.
- More pop? Use the "Color, Intensity" to add more color and the "Color, Saturation" control to increase the wash.
- Zoom in on the subject or straighten the picture? Use the "Crop" or "Rotate" controls.
- When posting a picture on-line, it's usually better to brighten it up rather than posting it "as is". This is because most cameras expose for prints, not monitors.